Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Necky Manitou Sport Review

I did quite a bit of research online before making my first kayak purchase.  Being new to kayaking I knew right off the bat that I was looking for a recreational kayak.  My next decision was whether to go for a 10 or 12 foot kayak.  My storage space is a bit limited so a 12 foot kayak would be a but tight so I started leaning toward a 10 footer.  When I saw the Necky Manitou Sport at just under 11 feet I had to tale a look.  The Manitiou sport is a nice step up from an entry level kayak.  It has a nice waterproof hatch and plenty of deck rigging.  The seat is very comfortable and has lots of adjustments for those longer trips.  It tracks very nicely as well.  Some of the reviews I have read suggest that it tracks like a 2 or 3 foot longer boat.  I have not had an opportunity yet to take a trip with friends with longer boats but it will be interesting to see how much harder I have to work to keep up.  My only complaints with this kayak it that it does not have a drain plug and the knee/thigh pads are king of cheap and are not attached well so they are starting to fall off.    Very small issues though as far as I am concerned.  Overall I am very happy with my Manitou Sport and am looking forward to many years of enjoyment on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment