Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Do It Yourself Kayak Rack


These little ladder hangers are a great cheap solution if you are looking to hang a kayak on the wall.  I have seen similar products sold at REI and EMS for over $100.  They come with all mounting hardware and foam padding to protect your kayak.  Just screw them into a stud and you are good to go for around $10.  They are rated at 50 pounds each so I am pretty sure you can use them with just about any kayak.  They are also sold at Home Depot under the product name: Everbilt Heavy Duty Arm Hangers.  I just had to pick up another pair of these since I bought another kayak at the New England Paddlesports show last weekend.  I will post about my new boat once I get to take it out for a test run.  Just itching to get back in the water.

I couple pics below of my boats resting on their racks waiting anxiously for their next trip.


1 comment:

  1. This was really helpful and I saved a BUNCH of money hanging my three kayaks. The guys at my local paddle shop said I should go with your idea, even though they could have made money on selling me an expensive product. I bought the hangers at Home Depot. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete